Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011.

I am already in love with 2011 - I'm going to create a great year, and I'm so excited about it!

Bigger shoes will be stepped into this year! Simply, my new year's resolution is to travel lighter.

I mean this in more than one way. My friend and sometime travel buddy can atest to this. I had so much stuff with me, carting it from bus to ferry to boat to hotel, etc. that by the end of my 3 week trip I had to buy another suitcase just to get it all home with me. Another friend, and gym buddy extraordinaire, could probably tell you I don't travel light either. Some days I'd be carrying my gym bag, yoga mat, school backpack, and purse all to the gym because that's what I had going on that day (being with the bus means you get to play a packhorse every now and then). I carry with me the things I think I need - but I rarely need EVERYTHING I pack, so I plan on being a lot more conscious about what I put in my bag each morning.

Travelling lighter also means decluttering. Over the next month I'm going to go through all of my belongings with the thought of making space. If I don't relish it, I don't need it. That means clothes, post-it notes..everything! That goes for thoughts, attitudes and actions as well. If they're not serving me, then I can release them.

I'm also looking forward to 3 months of yoga, boot camp, a month in India and everything that comes my way in 2011. 2011 is a year for awesomeness :)

How are you going to create your year?

No comments:

Post a Comment