Monday, September 27, 2010

And this is how we milk your nuts...

I am obsessed with milking nuts. And not just because it sounds dirty. I take pride in the fact that I will soak nuts overnight for a glass of nut milk in the morning that is preservative free. So here goes...

Step 1:Soak le nuts. Personally, I prefer almond milk in the morning, so I put about a cup of almonds in my glass and filled it with water to soak overnight. It only needs about 4 hours, and it gets rid of all the gunk you don't need (there's actually some sort of enzyme it gets rid of or something, I don't remember, all I know is that this is step 1 and the last step is almond milk. Nuff said!).

Step 2:
Rinse les nuts. In the morning. In a bowl. It gets rid of more gunk.

Step 3:Put your cup o'nuts in the blender with a cup and a half water. Get Kairee a Vitamix blender for Christmas. And Blend. You may also add salt, honey, and/or stevia at this point...if you like salty and sweet.

Step 4:Put cheese cloth in a bowl. Pour blended awesomeness over cheese cloth. You can buy bags for this, but I couldn't find any last time I was at the store. I'm also 99% sure that you could, theoretically, use a lingerie bag but milking nuts where I wash my unmentionables is even too much for me.

Step 5:
Grab your cheese cloth/lingerie bag and milk dem nuts! Squeeze with good intentions, and you'll get more.

Step 6:
Enjoy! Add it to whatever you want, or drink it on it's own. So good.

Step 6.5:
If you so choose, you can take the almond pulp outta your lingerie bag, switch it for a freezer bag and freeze it. This way, when I get my dehydrator, you can bring over your pulp and I can make.....crackers! I know, I should let the cracker thing go.


Also on a side note, because I know you want to know what I had for breakfast this morning (after almond milk), here it is:

Blended: Blueberries, raspberries, bananas, flaxseed = yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment