Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ode to my Former Water Bottle

I want to tell you a sad story about my water bottle. One morning, I spent too long making my breakfast, and I missed my bus, but thankfully caught a later one. Upon arriving into the first of three transit stations I roll into to get to work, our bus broke down. About 20 minutes later we were rushed to a rescue bus that got myself, my purse, my wallet and most of my sanity all the way to work, but sadly my super amazing klean kanteen was left behind.

You don't understand the gravity of the situation. I pined over this particular, red, 27 oz, stainless steel, BPA free, environmentally-friendly-in-comparison container for an ENTIRE YEAR before I coughed up the $30 for it. For the month that I was it's proud owner, it was my constant companion. I even bought the sports cap for it so it could accompany me to the gym, and when it wasn't lounging atop my treadmill it endured the pleasure of my wonderful breakfast smoothie creations. Oh, the love affair!

I called the transit centre to see if anyone had turned it in, to no avail. I can only assume that someone recognized how awesome this container was, and swiped it for themselves. Well, you heart-breaking, klean-kanteen-stealing, wonderful person, I have something to say to you.

Please, experience the full awesomeness of this bottle. Take it with you everywhere. Don't just put water in it, it makes the relationship dull. On that particular morning you most likely found a wonderful blend of banana, strawberry, mango, flaxseed and vitamineral green that probably kept you alert and functioning well into your lunch hour. I would recommend bathing it in soapy water when you get home, but otherwise a little hot water will do. If you're lazy, you can even throw it in the dishwasher. Now, if you're active, you can get the sports cap (I'm still holding on to mine, sorry), be warned- it does leak, but if you e-mail the klean kanteen people they'll gladly explain away the irony in this.

I hope you love this klean-kanteen just as much as I did, share it with your friends, and leave it on a bus somewhere for someone else to find and enjoy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment